10 Moments of 2012
It’s that time of year when we all look back and reflect. When I started this series in 2008, I thought it was silly and overdone. These days, it’s one of my favorite sets of posts to reread. They bring back the memories of the people and events that were important to me in year’s past like 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
Like a seesaw, 2012 was the opposite of 2011. It started out with an unbelievable bang and ended, well… as I tweeted earlier, the jury is still out on how I feel about 2012. It is one I will look back on and remember as being the year that a lot of hard lessons finally stuck.
Without further adieu, here’s the Top 10 of 2012:
- Kept my promise and made my 3rd annual trip overseas, taking in the beauty (and food) of Italy
- Added a few more cities visited to my list, including Boston, Dallas and Chicago for St. Patrick’s Day
- Oh, love. I watched one best friend get married, another engaged and many more have their first child
- Watched (thanks iPhone video) my brother be sworn in as a lawyer!
- Lost love. It was one of those life defining moments that you only realize in hindsight
- Started to make amends with a friend I had lost
- Refocused on me and finally got a personal trainer and dietician. A genius move, especially during the winter months
- Turned 30 (ack!) and celebrated it on both coasts (Las Vegas and Miami) with my Mom and best friends
- Ran a few more races, including Turkey Trotting with my Dad and my first Santa Run
- Making this list, The Top 21 Social Media Career Moves, alongside some pretty impressive colleagues