10 Moments of 2014
Seven years ago I started this project because writing your own Top 10 list recapping the year was “trendy”. These days, Facebook, Instagram, etc. all do it automatically based on your most liked posts. But, what they rarely capture are the little moments that were actually the big moments. I love looking back and remembering the moments of each year that were most important to me – here’s what colored 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
In like a lamb and out the same, I meandered through 2014 continuing to live the life of a Mexican Fisherman. A nomad for half the year, I searched for a city to plant roots in, only to find myself back in Las Vegas and dreaming of one day retiring to Lakeside Drive. Ironic for the girl who never wanted to live on the same block her whole life.
Here’s my Top 10 of 2014:
- Completed Disney’s Coast to Coast Half Marathon challenge. If Nike had one, I would have completed theirs too
- Watched my brother kick butt in both the boxing ring and the courthouse. To say I was proud would be an understatement
- Very slowly made my way back to Las Vegas via Route 66 and a 3 month detour in San Francisco
- Leased a condo in the center of the Las Vegas Strip where I watched the Bellagio Fountains dance nightly from 34 stories up.
- As always, I was a traveling fool. According to Tripit – 21 trips, 34 cities and 2 countries. Hawaii, Sonoma, Cabo and Loreto were a few of the new.
- Experienced the iHeartRadio Festival. Definitely one of the most amazing concerts I’ll ever attend
- Received an unforgettable birthday present… finding out I’m going to be an “Aunt”. Thanks Lisa & Tony!
- I quietly made legal something that’s been “unofficial” for 32 years
- Continued to invest in family time, making sure to put family first
- Visited Mexico 3 times in as many months. The draw of the country still alludes me